Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blog on Fire? Mine, really??!

I want to give a great BIG thank you to Rebecca at

Teaching First

for nominating me for the Blog on Fire Award!!


As part of accepting this honor, I will tell you seven things about myself. 
I'll try to make it interesting, but I cannot guarantee that you won't fall asleep while reading them! 

1.  This is my 12th year of teaching.  My first 9 years were in 4th grade, and the past 3 years have been in 1st grade.  I've been lucky enough to have been at the same school the entire time.

2.  I've been blessed with a great family and we moved around a lot when I was younger.  I've lived in Wisconsin, Ohio, Louisiana, Texas, Spain, and Germany.

3.  I went on a 19 mile bike tour in Amsterdam.  I only fell down once, after I ran right into someone else. 

4.  While visiting Paris on a bus tour with my friend, we had a little snafu at the Eiffel Tower...... We bought tickets to go all the way up to the top, so we (and several other tourists) rode the elevator up, stayed for a few minutes, then decided it was time to head back to the bus.  The driver had already warned us that he was leaving at 5:00, and he would leave whether we were there or not.  Well, there was the slightest problem......the elevator that we rode up on was no longer working.   It was almost 5, so we decided (along with the other peeps from our bus) that we needed to make a run for it.....so we did!  We ran all the way down the stairs to the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, then kept running until we got to the bus.  We made it, but with only minutes to spare.  Whew!!! 

5.  I've been to Disney Land, Disney World, and Euro Disney.  I want to take my son to Disney....someday!

6.  I work waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much!  Ten to twelve hours on school days, plus I have worked EVERY Saturday since August, not to mention all the school things I work on at home.  I'm EXHAUSTED!!  Plus, I'm a single mom to a very active 9 year old boy! 

7.  I am so thankful for my fellow bloggers!  You give me so much inspiration, and I feel I have become a better teacher because of YOU!  Thanks!!


And now, without further ado, are my nominees for the Blog on Fire Award:

The Resource(ful) Room! PhotobucketFirst Grade Blue SkiesPhotobucket


1 comment:

  1. Fun! Thanks for commenting on our blog, we've discovered you right back AND we are your newest followers. Love those shape monsters (a few posts ago), I think I will adjust the schedule to add those this week. Oh and I am headed to follow you on pinterest, cuz LOVE me some Pinterest!
    Ericka
    www.firstgradeandfancyfree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete