We are in the middle of a 2D shape unit, and PIGometry is one of fun activities I like to do.
The students have to make a pig by following these directions:
1. Choose black, pink, or gray paper.
2. Cut 7 similar circles for the head, body, eyes, snout, and nostrils.
3. Cut 2 congruent triangles for ears.
4. Cut 4 congruent rectangles for legs.
5. Glue all pieces together to assemble one pig.
6. Twirl and attach a pipe cleaner for the tail.
7. Write about your pig.
I helped my kiddos with #7. I gave them this frame to use:
I used __ ___ for the head, body, eyes, snout, and nostrils.
I used __ ___ for the ears.
I used __ ___ for the legs.
I absolutely LOVE how the pigs look so different, even though they all got the same directions. Take a look!