Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

It's PIGometry, baby!

We are in the middle of a 2D shape unit, and PIGometry is one of fun activities I like to do. 

The students have to make a pig by following these directions:
1.  Choose black, pink, or gray paper.
2.  Cut 7 similar circles for the head, body, eyes, snout, and nostrils.
3.  Cut 2 congruent triangles for ears.
4.  Cut 4 congruent rectangles for legs.
5.  Glue all pieces together to assemble one pig.
6.  Twirl and attach a pipe cleaner for the tail.
7.  Write about your pig.

I helped my kiddos with #7.  I gave them this frame to use:

I used __  ___ for the head, body, eyes, snout, and nostrils.
I used __  ___ for the ears.
I used __  ___ for the legs.

I absolutely LOVE how the pigs look so different, even though they all got the same directions.  Take a look!







2 comments:

  1. This is very cute. I pinned it for future reference. Thanks!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! We will make these when we have our geometry unit! Thanks for the great idea!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete