Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Domino Parking Lot-- An Addition Game

I'm already hearing from the 2nd grade teachers that the kids they have (mine from last year) do not know their Math facts, and I know that we practiced them!  So...I am trying to give my new group lots of practice time to work on their facts.  One of the activities they do is called "Domino Parking Lot"  The rules are very simple:  Each student has their own parking lot.  Students take turns selecting a domino.  Add up the pips (dots), and place the domino in the matching parking space.  If the parking space is already filled, the domino goes back in the container, and the turn is over.  The goal is to be the first person to fill their parking lot.  Have fun!

Math Domino Parking Lot

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tina,
    Could you gmail me and explain how to embed a scribd doc on your blog...I'm giving up on google docs!!! tara.eiken1@gmail.com
    Thanks bunches:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tina. It looks like a fun game. BTW, my kids always forget their facts at the beginning of the year, too. Two months is a long break for them. I hope you don't take it to heart :) I'm sure you did a GREAT job last year!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete