Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

New Year's Resolution Linky Party

I am so excited about this school year!  We have a new principal and I think she will bring some much needed positive energy and changes to our school.  I have some resolutions that I hope to stick to (unlike many of the diets I've tried!).  Here are some of my goals for the upcoming school year:

1.  Leave school by 5 PM.....at the latest. 
I have a tendency to socialize-- which causes me to stay late because my work doesn't get done when it should!  Last year I would work 10-12 hours a day AND go in on Saturdays to work! 

2.  Keep my desk (and other areas) organized. 
I feel so flustered when I have piles of crap everywhere, so I need to file/put things away IMMEDIATELY or else throw them away!!

3.  Have FUN with my class and my grade level team! 
This seems like it should be easy to do, but last year was very stressful (did I mention we have a new principal?). 

4.  Be more positive. 
See #3.  I find that I let myself get sucked into a lot of negativity/drama that goes on around me.  I need to stop that!

5.  Implement Literacy & Math Work Stations.

I could go on, but I'll stop for now!
Want to join the linky party?  Visit the Clutter Free Classroom.

ClutterFreeClassroom

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to goals 1 and 2... I think those are my new years goals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to all your goals...well, goal 3 is sort of n/a for me. Our team is amazing and we do have fun together most of the time. I think my buddy and I keep it lively! ;) Remember to be a thermostat, not a thermometer. :D I am working diligently on the organizing, literacy and math stations, and getting out of school earlier...but I'm trying to leave by 4:00! Happy new year!

    Melly <><

    Second Grade Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    PS: I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice, Melly! I will work on being a thermostat!!

    ReplyDelete